Modalities for Massage and Bodywork by Elaine Stillerman
Chapter Six authored by Diana Moore
Pediatric and Infant Massage
From the Publisher:
Gain a better understanding of the top modalities in massage practice with expert insight and a balanced, user-friendly approach! This current, consistently organized resource distills a wealth of information on 21 popular massage modalities into easy-to-read overviews detailing the essential principles behind each therapy. Identify the modalities that best apply to your clients, incorporate key concepts into your practice, and take the first steps toward specialization all with one helpful text!
• Leading experts lend years of valuable knowledge and experience across a wide spectrum of massage modalities including infant and pediatric, prenatal, deep tissue, shiatsu, craniosacral, reflexology, and more.
• A companion DVD demonstrates proper techniques for 7 top modalities with over 100 minutes of detailed video footage.
• Consistently organized learning tools in each chapter ensure complete understanding of learning objectives, key terminology and relevant anatomy and physiology.
• Self-assessment tests included at the end of every chapter help you gauge your strengths and identify areas requiring further study.
•More than 265 full-color illustrations clarify difficult concepts and demonstrate body mechanics, concepts, and techniques.
• ISBN: 032305255X
• ISBN-13: 9780323052559
• Format: Paperback, 480pp
• Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
• Pub. Date: December 2008