Location: Ventura County Public Health - Oxnard, CA
Participants through careful instruction are trained to teach parents/primary caregivers how to massage their newborns and children through a hands-on demonstration approach using a doll. Only parents/caregivers have immediate contact with their children. The training is presented through Powerpoint presentations, lecture, audio-visual aids, discussion, and hands-on participation with dolls through a demonstration lab with parents and their newborns each day of the training. Post practicum portion follows the training to conclude certification. Participants who successfully complete the post-training exam, practicum and successfully pass achieve their Certified Infant Massage Instructors (CIMI®) Certificate. Graduates become a part of the International Registry of CIMI's through ILTF. Read more about Becoming a CIMI®. For more information on continuing education (see CE HOUR Accreditation information)
HOW TO REGISTER
- March 18th, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- March 19th, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Lunch break 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Who Can Attend:
The CIMI® Certified Infant Massage Instructor program is an evidence-based program (discipline: prevention) designed for Nurses, Early Intervention Specialists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, Massage Therapists, Developmental Specialists, Home-based Visitors, Parent Educators, Child Life Specialists, Social Workers and other interested professionals who are licensed and work with infants, toddlers and children.
Readings and Supplies:
- Touch — by Tiffany Field
- Baby Massage: Calming Power of Touch — by Heath and Bainbridge
- Brain-Based Parenting — Hughes & Baylin
- Infant & Pediatric Massage — Diana Moore (available only through Loving Touch)
- Demonstration Doll: 20" Soft Body with vinyl or non-cloth head, arms, and legs. Recommendation: LaBaby Doll by JC Toys.
- Optional Readings: Handbook of Infant Mental Health - Charles Zeanah
- Optional Readings: Modalities of Massage - Elaine Stillerman, Chapter Six: Infant Pediatric Massage by Diana Moore