Location: Residence Inn Marriott Portland Airport
Participants through careful instruction are trained to teach parents/primary caregivers how to massage their newborns and children through a hands-on demonstration approach using a doll. Only parents/caregivers have immediate contact with their children. The training is presented through Powerpoint presentations, lecture, audio-visual aids, discussion, and hands-on participation with dolls through a demonstration lab with parents and their newborns each day of the training. A post practicum portion follows the training to conclude certification. Participants who successfully complete the post-training exam, practicum and successfully pass achieve their Certified Infant Massage Instructors (CIMI®) Certificate. Graduates become a part of the Internatonal Registry of CIMI's through ILTF. Read more about Becoming a CIMI®. For more information on continuing education (see CE HOUR Accreditation information)
HOW TO REGISTER
- June 6, 2019, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- June 7, 2019, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Lunch break 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Who Can Attend:
The CIMI® Certified Infant Massage Instructor program is an evidence-based program (discipline: prevention) designed for Nurses, Early Intervention Specialists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, Massage Therapists, Developmental Specialists, Parent Educators, Child Life Specialists, Social Workers and other interested professionals who are licensed and work with infants and children.
Readings and Supplies:
- Touch — by Tiffany Field
- Baby Massage: Calming Power of Touch — by Heath and Bainbridge
- Brain-Based Parenting — Hughes & Baylin
- Infant & Pediatric Massage — Diana Moore (available only through Loving Touch)
- Demonstration Doll: 20" Soft Body with vinyl or non-cloth head, arms, and legs. Recommendation: LaBaby Doll by JC Toys.
- Optional Readings: Handbook of Infant Mental Health - Charles Zeanah
- Optional Readings: Modalities of Massage - Elaine Stillerman, Chapter Six: Infant Pediatric Massage by Diana Moore