Become a Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI®) through ILTF and help spread the wonderful gift of Loving Touch!
We are pleased to offer you the Loving Touch® 2- or 3-Day CIMI® Training. Our trainings are led by highly experienced Certified Infant Massage Instructor Trainers who are active professionals working in the field of infants and children. Our Instructor Trainers have had many years of experience teaching infant massage as practitioners within their professional environments.
Our advanced Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI®) Training offers an individualized and nurturing approach to training parents/primary caregivers with infants and young children in the art of infant massage. Practitioners in many disciplines and professions have taken our training and can attest to its quality and content. We offer a comprehensive program, as well as a wide variety of support materials and a web–based professional community to support your efforts and educational needs as an instructor.
The program model is relationship-based and family-centered, promoting the idea that infants and their families are collaborators in developing an individualized program of support to maximize physical, mental, and emotional growth; health and other positive outcomes for infants and children from the well–baby to the special needs infant.
As a Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI®) you can get much greater satisfaction out of teaching when you are able to share your experiences, resources, contacts, and knowledge with others. The support and marketing assistance provided by the International Loving Touch Foundation can make your role as an instructor easier and more fulfilling and enable you to become part of a larger network of qualified healthcare professionals.
What you Get In Class
• 155+ Page Instructors Manual with various handouts and marketing materials
• Baby's First Touch DVD - providing stroke techniques in English & Spanish
• Bottle of Infant Massage Oil & Parent Infant Massage Booklet
• Set of class brochures
• Handouts & Resources
Pre-reading of required books and articles prior to training prepares students for the training and in class exam
• Global history, theory, methodology and techniques of infant massage
• Massaging the healthy full-term newborn and the growing toddler
• Massaging physically challenged infants and children
• Massaging the medically fragile pre-term newborn
• Benefits of infant massage for both parent and infant
• Understanding how massage promotes healthy infant development and healthy parent–infant interaction
• Understanding the relationship of bonding and attachment
• Evidenced–based research studies supporting infant massage use and practice
• Touch deprivation effects on orphaned children and families at risk (foster system and international systems)
• How to set up a parent session or group instruction
• Overview of course curriculum and supplies needed
• Strategies for marketing your skills, implementing the program in your work environment
• Certification requirements and practicum experience overview
Our training is presented through lecture, audio-visuals, discussion, demonstration, and hands-on participation with a doll and through the presence of a daily parent–infant demonstration class.
• Multiple learning styles
• Repetition through various instructional methods
• Using different ways of assimilating same knowledge
• Active learning experiences
• Anecdotal stories and case studies
• Audio-visual presentations, Powerpoint presentations, class discussions and small group interactions
• Brain-based learning
• In-classroom practice quizzes and Part 1 of Final Exam
• In-classroom authentic instruction with parent-infant demonstration sessions
• Hands-on play exercises
• Student teaching opportunities
• Comprehensive review of post-training Part 2 Exam and practicum
• Questions and Answers
Post Training Certification Requirements
• Must attend all days of training
• Reading of required books and materials
• Completion of open book Exam Part 1
• Completion of open book Exam Part 2*
• Full exam must be submitted in 2 months after training
• Completion of Student Practicum Teaching and Evaluations**
• Passing Score of 80% or greater
* Students are given a 2 month post training window to complete all coursework. If student does not pass within the score range, we will analyze your results and offer custom coaching. If more time is needed students may request a one-time 2 month extension to complete coursework. An assessment fee will be charged for the extension.
** Students must teach the basic Loving Touch Parent Infant Massage Curriculum to a minimum of four parents/caregivers with infants (birth to six months is ideal). This is accomplished in your own community or place of work. The practicum consists of teaching four sessions per family, a personal observational write–up per session, and submission of the final parent evaluation feedback forms. The practicum may consist of one whole group or four individual private one–on–one sessions.
The fundamental objective of the course is to prepare students for the CIMI examination and ability to teach infant massage. All we ask from you is a 100% commitment to the training program and follow-up course work.
CIMI® Certification Graduation
• Upon completing course work and passing the prerequisite for certification graduates will receive a Diploma of Completion through ILTF.
• Graduates receive access to instructor forms, online interactive website and other useful intsructor materials
• Graduates are granted International Active Membership in the ILTF Registry of Certified Infant Massage Instructors
• ILTF Online Instructor Benefits
We are a nationally accredited program and offer continuing education hours for healthcare professionals. (See Accreditation Information)
Continuing Education & Renewal Process
ILTF requires that after certification instructors show proof of three hours of continuing education per year for recertification as a CIMI. First year renewals are exempt. We feel very strongly about the educational levels of our instructors and therefore support their advancement in learning. ILTF offers independent continuing educational offerings to meet these requirements.
• Annual renewal fee of $80 and continuing education verification after first year renewal of 3 CE's. Two year renewal option.