- This event has passed.
March 18-19, 2022 – FRI/SAT Certified Infant Massage Instructor Training CIMI®
March 18, 2022 @ 8:00 am - March 19, 2022 @ 5:00 pm PDT$500.00 – $700.00
Participants through detailed instruction are trained to teach caregivers The Loving Touch Method© of massage for their newborns and children. This is accomplished through a demonstration approach using a doll. Parents are empowered by this approach which creates the parent-baby activity. Only parents/caregivers have hands-on contact with their children.
The training is presented through in-depth evidenced-based Keynotes, lecture, audio-visual aids, shared discussions, and hands-on learning with dolls. During the training there will be an in-person demonstration lab/or Zoom with parents and their children each day of the training. After the training, the Post-Practicum portion follows which includes: Open-book exam, parent instructional practicum and successfully pass, achieve Certification as a Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI®). Graduates become a part of the International Registry of CIMI’s through International Loving Touch Foundation, Inc. Students have a 2 month time period to complete this portion. Read more about Becoming a CIMI®. Information on continuing education (see CE HOUR Accreditation information)
March 18, 2022
- March 18, 2022, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- March 19, 2022, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Lunch break 12:00 to 1:00 PM
- Free Parent Infant Massage Class daily 2:00 – 3:30 pm -call to reserve your space. 503-253-8482
Diana Moore, MS, LMT, CIMI®, Licensed Instructor Trainer
Admin • (503) 253-8482 • email@example.com
Who can attend:
The CIMI® Certified Infant Massage Instructor program is an evidence-based program (discipline: prevention) designed for Nurses, Early Intervention Specialists, Occupational & Physical Therapists, Massage Therapists, Developmental Specialists, Parent Educators, Child Life Specialists, Social Workers, Home-base visitors and other healthcare professionals who work with infants and children. Other interested individuals should contact us directly. Conditions of participation: Participants must be COVID-19 vaccinated.
- Touch — by Tiffany Field
- Baby Massage: Calming Power of Touch — by Heath and Bainbridge
- Brain-Based Parenting — Hughes & Baylin
- Infant & Pediatric Massage — Diana Moore (available only through Loving Touch)
- Demonstration Doll: 20” Soft Body with vinyl or non-cloth head, arms, and legs. Recommendation: LaBaby Doll by JC Toys.
- Optional Readings: Handbook of Infant Mental Health – Charles Zeanah
- Optional Readings: Modalities of Massage – Elaine Stillerman, Chapter Six: Infant Pediatric Massage by Diana Moore