- This event has passed.
Cicero, IL – July 18 & 19, 2023 – Certified Infant Massage Instructor CIMI® – Lynn Barts
July 18 @ 8:00 am - July 19 @ 5:00 pm PDT$720.00
CLASS SUMMARY: This is a closed course for The Children’s Center of Cicero-Berwyn at Red Feather. For all others interested in a training please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants through detailed instruction are trained to teach parents/primary caregivers The Loving Touch® Method© of massage with their newborns and children through a demonstration approach using a doll. This is a parent delivered activity. The goal is to empower parents/caregivers to have hands-on contact with their children to improve the parent/child connection. Our certification training is presented through PowerPoints/Keynotes, lecture, audio-visual aids, shared discussions, and hands-on learning with dolls. If possible, there will be an in-person demonstration lab/or Zoom with parents and their newborns each day of the training for more in-depth learning. The Post-Practicum portion follows the training to conclude certification. Participants completing the Post-Practicum which includes: Take home Open-Book exam, parent instructional practicum with observational write-ups and successfully passing will achieve their Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI®) Certificate. Participants have a 2 month window to complete the program. Extensions may be granted on an individual request.
Graduates become a part of the International Registry of CIMI’s through International Loving Touch Foundation, Inc. IL Early Intervention Training Program | 16 credential hours approval in the area of Working with Families. Read more about Becoming a CIMI®. Information on continuing education (see CE HOUR Accreditation information)
Who Can Attend: The CIMI® Certified Infant Massage Instructor program is an evidence-based program (discipline: prevention) designed for Nurses, Lactation Consultants, Speech Language, Early Intervention Specialists, Occupational & Physical Therapists, Massage Therapists, Developmental Specialists, Parent Educators, Child Life Specialists, Social Workers, Home-base visitors and healthcare professionals who work with infants and children. Other interested individuals should contact us directly.
Note: Pending Approval Information which will be provided. “The Illinois Early Intervention Training Program has approved this event for 16 hours of EI credential credit in the area of Working with Families.”
(314) 313-5970 email@example.com
- July 18, 2023, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. CST
- July 19, 2023, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. CST
- Lunch break 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM.
- Free Parent-Baby Massage Demo Class 1:45- 3:00 pm both days
Included Readings & Supplies with paid fees:
- Instructor Training Manual, handouts and oil.
- Touch — by Tiffany Field
- Baby Massage: Calming Power of Touch — by Heath and Bainbridge
- Brain-Based Parenting — Hughes & Baylin
- Modalities of Massage – Elaine Stillerman, Chapter Six: Infant Pediatric Massage by Diana Moore (available only through Loving Touch)
- Demonstration Doll: LaBaby Doll by JC Toys. 20” Soft Body with vinyl or non-cloth head, arms, and legs.
(Specify doll choice at check out: Asian, African/American, Caucasian, Hispanic
Training Fee: $720. Includes all course materials.
WHEN APPLYING YOU WILL BE ASKED TO UPLOAD THE FOLLOWING:
1) One recommendation/character reference letter from a health care professional or professional supervisor/peer recommending you to this program.
2) One personal letter explaining why you want to learn and teach the Loving Touch® Parent-Infant Massage Program. (150-200 words)