- This event has passed.
Granite City, IL – April 20 – 21, 2023 – Certified Infant Massage Instructor Training CIMI® – Lynn Barts
April 20 @ 8:00 am - April 21 @ 5:00 pm PDT$720.00
Participants through detailed instruction are trained to teach parents/primary caregivers The Loving Touch® Method© of massage with their newborns and children through a demonstration approach using a doll. This is a parent delivered activity. The goal is to empower parents/caregivers to have hands-on contact with their children to improve the parent/child connection. Our certification training is presented through PowerPoints/Keynotes, lecture, audio-visual aids, shared discussions, and hands-on learning with dolls. If possible, there will be an in-person demonstration lab/or Zoom with parents and their newborns each day of the training for more in-depth learning. The Post-Practicum portion follows the training to conclude certification. Participants completing the Post-Practicum which includes: Take home Open-Book exam, parent instructional practicum with observational write-ups and successfully passing will achieve their Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI®) Certificate. Participants have a 2 month window to complete the program. Extensions may be granted on an individual request.
Graduates become a part of the International Registry of CIMI’s through International Loving Touch Foundation, Inc. Read more about Becoming a CIMI®. Information on continuing education (see CE HOUR Accreditation information)
Who Can Attend: The CIMI® Certified Infant Massage Instructor program is an evidence-based program (discipline: prevention) designed for Nurses, Lactation Consultants, Speech Language, Early Intervention Specialists, Occupational & Physical Therapists, Massage Therapists, Developmental Specialists, Parent Educators, Child Life Specialists, Social Workers, Home-base visitors and healthcare professionals who work with infants and children. Other interested individuals should contact us directly.
(314) 313-5970 firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 20, 2023, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- April 21, 2023, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Lunch break 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Included Readings & Supplies with paid fees:
- Instructor Training Manual, handouts and oil.
- Touch — by Tiffany Field
- Baby Massage: Calming Power of Touch — by Heath and Bainbridge
- Brain-Based Parenting — Hughes & Baylin
- Modalities of Massage – Elaine Stillerman, Chapter Six: Infant Pediatric Massage by Diana Moore (available only through Loving Touch)
- Demonstration Doll: LaBaby Doll by JC Toys. 20” Soft Body with vinyl or non-cloth head, arms, and legs. (Specify doll choice at check out: Asian, African/American, Caucasian, Hispanic)
Training Fee: $720. Includes all books, supplies & shipping
WHEN APPLYING YOU WILL BE ASKED TO UPLOAD THE FOLLOWING:
1) One recommendation/character reference letter from a health care professional or professional supervisor/peer recommending you to this program.
2) One personal letter explaining why you want to learn and teach the Loving Touch® Parent-Infant Massage Program. (150-200 words)