Lake Elsinore, CA – March 7 – 8, 2024 – CIMI® – Diana Moore, Licensed Trainer
March 7, 2024 @ 8:00 am - March 8, 2024 @ 5:00 pm PST$720.00
Certified Infant Massage Instructor Training CIMI®
Hosted by: About the Kids, Early Intervention Services, Inc.
Through our comprehensive training, participants are given the skills they need to guide/instruct their parents/primary caregivers about The Loving Touch® Method© of Massage with their newborns/children through a doll demonstration approach. This is a parent-delivered activity. The goal is to reinforce and empower parents/caregivers to have quality hands-on contact with their children which improves the parent/child bonding/attachment connection. Our certification training is presented through PowerPoints/Keynotes, lectures, audio-visual aids, shared discussions, and hands-on learning with dolls. There will be a live demonstration lab/or Zoom session with parents and their newborns each day of the training for more in-depth instruction and practical experience.
The Post-Practicum Exam portion following the training to complete certification is accomplished through our “new online” Open-Book exam, instructing The Loving Touch® Method© of massage to four families with infants/children, parent/infant observational write-ups, and parent feedback evaluations from each family. Participants completing the Post-Practicum Exam and successfully passing will achieve their Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI®) Certification. Participants are given a 2-month timeline to complete the Exam process. An exam extension may be approved on an individual request.
Graduates become a part of the International Registry of CIMI® through the International Loving Touch Foundation, Inc. Read more about Becoming a CIMI®. Information on continuing education (see CE HOUR Accreditation information)
Who Can Attend: The CIMI® Certified Infant Massage Instructor program is an evidence-based practice (discipline: prevention) designed for Nurses, Lactation Consultants, Speech Language, Early Intervention Specialists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, Massage Therapists, Developmental Specialists, Doulas, Parent Educators, Child Life Specialists, Social Workers, Home-base visitors, and all healthcare professionals who work with infants and children. Other interested individuals should contact us directly.
(503) 253-8482 firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 7, 2024, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Thursday)
- March 8, 2024, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Friday)
- Lunch break 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Free Baby Massage Daily Demo 2:00 – 3:30 PM daily (Jamie Johnson -call to register- 951-444-1285)
Included Readings & Supplies:
- Instructor Training Manual, handouts and oil.
- Touch — by Tiffany Field
- Baby Massage: Calming Power of Touch — by Heath and Bainbridge
- Brain-Based Parenting — by Hughes & Baylin
- Modalities of Massage – Elaine Stillerman, Chapter Six: Infant Pediatric Massage by Diana Moore (available only through Loving Touch)
- Demonstration Doll: LaBaby Doll by Berenguer. 20” Soft Body with vinyl or non-cloth head, arms, and legs.
- Specify doll choice at check out: Asian, African/American, Caucasian, Hispanic/Latino
Training Fee: $720. Includes all books, supplies & shipping
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING WHEN APPLYING:
1) One recommendation/character reference letter from a health care professional or professional supervisor/peer recommending you to this program.
2) One personal letter explaining why you want to learn and teach the Loving Touch® Parent-Infant Massage Program. (150-200 words)