- This event has passed.
March 23-24, 2022 – WED/THURS Certified Infant Massage Instructor Training CIMI®
March 23 @ 8:00 am - March 24 @ 5:00 pm CDT$500.00 – $700.00
Participants through detailed instruction are trained to teach parents/primary caregivers The Loving Touch Method© of massage to their newborns and children through a demonstration approach using a doll. This is a parent activity. Only parents/caregivers have hands-on contact with their children. The training is presented through in-depth evidenced-based Keynotes, lecture, audio-visual aids, shared discussions, and hands-on learning with dolls. There will be an in-person demonstration lab/or Zoom with parents and their newborns each day of the training. The Post-Practicum portion follows the training to conclude certification. Participants completing the Post-Practicum which includes: Open-book exam, parent instructional practicum and successfully pass, achieve their Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI®) Certificate. Graduates become a part of the International Registry of CIMI’s through International Loving Touch Foundation, Inc. Read more about Becoming a CIMI®. Information on continuing education (see CE HOUR Accreditation information)
“The Illinois Early Intervention Training Program has approved this event for 16 hours of EI credential credit in the area of Working with Families.”
Who Can Attend:
The CIMI® Certified Infant Massage Instructor program is an evidence-based program (discipline: prevention) designed for Nurses, Early Intervention Specialists, Occupational & Physical Therapists, Massage Therapists, Developmental Specialists, Parent Educators, Child Life Specialists, Social Workers, Home-base visitors and other healthcare professionals who work with infants and children. Other interested individuals should contact us directly. Conditions of participation: Participants must be COVID-19 vaccinated.
Time & Date:
- March 23, 2022, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- March 24, 2022, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Free Parent Infant Massage Class daily -call to reserve your space. (314) 313-597
Readings and Supplies:
(To add supplies select from the enrollment options below)
- Touch — by Tiffany Field
- Baby Massage: Calming Power of Touch — by Heath and Bainbridge
- Brain-Based Parenting — Hughes & Baylin
- Infant & Pediatric Massage — Diana Moore (available only through Loving Touch)
- Demonstration Doll: 20” Soft Body with vinyl or non-cloth head, arms, and legs. Recommendation: LaBaby Doll by JC Toys.
- Optional Readings: Handbook of Infant Mental Health – Charles Zeanah
- Optional Readings: Modalities of Massage – Elaine Stillerman, Chapter Six: Infant Pediatric Massage by Diana Moore