- This event has passed.
October 7th – 8th 2022 – Certified Infant Massage Instructor Training CIMI® – with Diana Moore
October 7, 2022 @ 8:00 am - October 8, 2022 @ 5:00 pm PDT$720.00
Participants through detailed instruction are trained to teach parents/primary caregivers The Loving Touch® Method© of massage with their newborns and children through a demonstration approach using a doll. This is a parent delivered activity. The goal is to empower parents/caregivers to have hands-on contact with their children to improve the parent/child connection. Our certification training is presented through PowerPoints/Keynotes, lecture, audio-visual aids, shared discussions, and hands-on learning with dolls. There will be an in-person demonstration lab/or Zoom with parents and their newborns each day of the training for more in-depth learning. The Post-Practicum portion follows the training to conclude certification. Participants completing the Post-Practicum which includes: Take home Open-Book exam, parent instructional practicum with observational write-ups and successfully passing will achieve their Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI®) Certificate.
Graduates become a part of the International Registry of CIMI’s through International Loving Touch Foundation, Inc. Read more about Becoming a CIMI®. Information on continuing education (see CE HOUR Accreditation information) “The Illinois Early Intervention Training Program has approved this event for 16 hours of EI credential credit in the area of Working with Families.”
Who Can Attend: The CIMI® Certified Infant Massage Instructor program is an evidence-based program (discipline: prevention) designed for Nurses, Lactation Consultants, Speech Language, Early Intervention Specialists, Occupational & Physical Therapists, Massage Therapists, Developmental Specialists, Parent Educators, Child Life Specialists, Social Workers, Home-base visitors and healthcare professionals who work with infants and children. Other interested individuals should contact us directly.
Diana Moore, Founder, CIMI®, ILTF Trainer
(503) 253-8482 email@example.com
Included Readings & Supplies:
- Instructor Training Manual, handouts and oil.
- Touch — by Tiffany Field
- Baby Massage: Calming Power of Touch — by Heath and Bainbridge
- Brain-Based Parenting — Hughes & Baylin
- Modalities of Massage – Elaine Stillerman, Chapter Six: Infant Pediatric Massage by Diana Moore (available only through Loving Touch)
- Demonstration Doll: LaBaby Doll by JC Toys. 20” Soft Body with vinyl or non-cloth head, arms, and legs.
- Specify doll choice at check out: Asian, African/American, Caucasian, Hispanic
Training Fee: $720. Includes all books, supplies & shipping
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING WHEN APPLYING:
1) One recommendation/character reference letter from a health care professional or professional supervisor/peer recommending you to this program.
2) One personal letter explaining why you want to learn and teach the Loving Touch® Parent-Infant Massage Program. (150-200 words)